Friday 23 November 2007

Excuses


Apologies, apologies.

There have been no postings because it has been a nightmare week.

I was already under pressure to finish Freedom because it had to be at the printers a week earlier than usual to compensate for Christmas, and then on top of that I've been down with flu since Monday afternoon.

I think as you get older these things take their toll more and I've really struggled just to get to the office to complete the newspaper. In fact on Tuesday I was in the depth of despair as I thought it just wouldn't be done, but then things came together and yesterday it was sent to the printers with half-an-hour to spare. If I had missed our print slot then it would have been a couple of days before it could be rescheduled and that would have had a knock-on effect with delivery.

Still, it's all done and I must thank my wife Tina ,who sub-edits as well as proof reads the paper and that was doubly helpful when you are feeling below par. All being well I shall upload last month's Freedom to the BNP website over the weekend and post a couple of stories and the front page of the new issue. You will be able to see this as www.bnp.org.uk/freedom

Back to bed now in the hope of feeling better tomorrow. Workington Reds are way down at Nuneaton tomorrow for the FA Trophy competition, so it will be a day in the warm listening the BBC Radio Cumbria's excellent Saturday Sport commentary. Now, who says I never say anything complimentary about the BBC?

1 comment:

alanorei said...

Well done, Martin (and Tina)

Have a good w/e. Hope you are better soon.