Tuesday 9 June 2009

Sorry Roy!


THE first thing I must do this morning is to apologise to Roy Goodwin and his dedicated band of activists in Oldham.

In yesterday's blog I insinuated that no BNP campaigning had been done in Oldham. This was completely wrong.

Roy who now lives in Blackpool, but who was originally from Oldham, has been travelling over since the start of the year and regularly leafleting the town.

It was their efforts that helped deal the final hand which won us the game. Well done to Roy and the team.

I'm grateful to James from Blackpool for politely drawing my attention to my error and to Dave from Burnley for doing so in his usual forthright manner.

"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story," he derides me, along with his usual broadside over Freedom's bias towards BNP activity in Cumbria.

Ouch!!!

It's a day of compiling results for Freedom today, but I shall be back later with a report on my appearance on the BBC World Service last night where I was accused of sounding like some White supremacist from 1950's America!

No comments: