Monday 11 May 2009

Desperate Labour lies


Can you believe this?

It's a sign of desperation on behalf of Labour that it has turned on its most loyal of allies, the BBC. Obviously I'm upset that the Daily Mail has reported that I was "imprisoned", when in reality I was fined and then chose to go to prison myself in order to make a political point.

But what is even more bizarre and has no doubt left BBC executives scratching their heads this morning, is that I didn't even appear in the Newsnight programme. It is shocking reporting by the Daily Mail to publish such Labour Party propaganda without even checking the facts.

I would have liked to publish our candidates and wards for Allerdale this morning but as it's not yet in the public domain why give our opponents the inside track? We are out this morning leafleting an electoral division in Workington and then tomorrow it's back to postal voters in another electoral division in Workington.

If I may, I would like to mention our Allerdale Election Appeal again and will do so each day this week. We are hoping to have a full colour election address for all our seven wards. It's £160 per leaflet which makes our target £1,120. It's a daunting total but the appeal got off to a promising start yesterday when Steve Johnson handed over a cheque for £50, as he left after staying the weekend with us. Then last night I got a call from Paul Stafford who said that Matthew had driven over from Workington and donated £150 after reading about the appeal that afternoon.

So now there's just £920 to go. If you can help I can guarantee your money will be put to good use. Please send your donation to: The Secretary, PO Box 107, Wigton, Cumbria CA7 0YA and make your cheque payable to the British National Party. Please make it clear that the donation is for the Allerdale BNP Election Appeal.

Thank you for your help.

No comments: